If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
This position can be filled at the Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist level depending upon experience.
You will lead a team of talented scientists and work in a multidisciplinary matrix environment to help conceive, design, and execute translational strategies aimed to understand molecular heterogeneity of cancer, patient stratification. You will develop and test hypotheses for predictive biomarkers for Immuno-oncology agents with the ultimate goal of informing and influencing drug development strategies by positioning the right IO drugs into the right patient subpopulations.
* Principal Scientist: A PhD, MD, MD/PhD in biological sciences, oncology, or related field and a minimum of twelve years of relevant experience post degree
* Senior Scientist: A PhD, MD, MD/PhD in biological sciences, oncology, or related field and a minimum of eight years of relevant experience post degree
* Experience developing scientific hypotheses based on disease pathogenesis and drug MOA in the areas of oncology, and immunology
* Proven track record of success and demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
* Knowledge of clinical pharmacology, biostatistics, and clinical trial design
* Strong understanding of cancer biology, immunology, genomics, biomarkers, and late-stage drug development
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.