Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are looking for an innovative, dedicated, and passionate Principal Scientist to join the Fibrosis Translational Research and Discovery Group with experience in fibrotic or fibrotic-related diseases and translational and biomarker discovery approaches. The successful candidate will be responsible for working across Discovery, TR&D and Early Clinical Groups to lead the development of translational biomarker strategies and help design and execute the validation and analysis of clinical and pre-clinical biomarkers for the Fibrotic Diseases portfolio. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and collaborative with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while working in a matrix organization. Ideal candidates will have scientific expertise in a broad range of protein, cellular and molecular profiling analysis methodologies and bioinformatics, statistics and data visualization skills as well.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and implementation of biomarker strategies in multiple early clinical and preclinical stage programs through close collaboration with the Clinical Biomarkers, Fibrosis Discovery, Biomarker Technologies, Genomics, Informatics and Biostatistics groups and clinical and pre-clinical project teams
• Contribute to the implementation of the Discovery TR&D strategy by developing/validating translational/biomarker assays/models in collaboration with in vitro and in vivo scientists in the TR&D group and the project teams
• Build relationships, establish and manage collaborations with key external stakeholders including academic and clinical collaborators and CROs.
• Analyze, review and interpret biomarker data sets and author relevant documentation
• Engage in critical analysis of novel biomarker and analytical approaches and technologies.
• Lead early eTR&D projects
• PhD in cell biology, pharmacology or other relevant scientific area with at least 10 years of research experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry and Academia
• Demonstrated experience in translational research and biomarker discovery
• Working knowledge of the state of the art technologies used in clinical biomarker discovery and analysis
• Knowledge of fibrotic or fibrotic-related diseases, particularly lung and liver fibrosis.
• Laboratory experience including biomarker assay development and validation
• A demonstrated understanding of the early clinical drug development process is highly desirable
• A strong understanding of fibrotic or related mechanisms and signaling pathways and of in vivo fibrotic or related models is desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate complex scientific concepts to diverse functional groups and external stakeholders
• The ability to work in cross-functional matrix teams
• Strong peer-review publication record