At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
If you are talented scientist interested in working for the company ranked No. 4 by Science Magazine’s Top Employer Survey, read on
We have an opportunity for a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our team as a Team Leader in the Biotechnology Discovery Group. •You will provide cutting-edge scientific leadership to projects, provide strategic directions, present to internal decision making committees and external audiences.
• You will also collaborate productively with cross-functional teams across different Lilly sites as well as with external collaborators.
• You will lead a group of scientists and will be expected to contribute to target selection, antibody and peptide discovery and engineering, as well as technology development projects.
If you are still close to the science and have a drive to innovate while creating novel biotherapeutics please apply. You will leverage your skills and expertise in protein and antibody discovery research to lead and influence all levels of scientists.
• Ph.D in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field
• At least 7 years of additional experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry post education
• Strong expertise and a proven track record in target validation, protein/antibody discovery/engineering, or protein/peptide display systems
• Strong background on using, optimizing, and productively applying complex technologies
• Strong experience and track record in leading projects and successful portfolio entry and/or portfolio progression
• Track record of scientific success demonstrated by authorship on publications, regulatory reports, and/ or patents or contributions to portfolio milestones
• Track record of leadership working in cross-continental and cross-divisional teams
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills for managing complex multi-project interactions and effectively managing personal and laboratory priorities.
• Strong written and oral skills
• Positive and professional approach.
• Ability to travel and spend significant time at Lilly headquarters in Indianapolis
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.