At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
If you are talented scientist interested in working for the company ranked No. 4 by Science Magazine’s Top Employer Survey, read on:
We have an opportunity for a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our team as a Team Leader in Immunogenicity Research.•Provide cutting-edge scientific leadership to projects, provide strategic directions, present to internal decision making committees and external audiences.
•Collaborate productively with cross-functional teams across different Lilly sites as well as with external collaborators.
The successful candidate will lead a group of scientists in our BioTechnology group and will be expected to establish screening assays to minimize potential immunogenicity of bioproducts in humans.
• Ph.D or M.D. in Immunology or related discipline
• At least 7 years of independent research experience in the Immune System;
• Relevant post-doctoral experience highly preferred.
• Experience in supervising a research team of PhD scientists and Associates
• Strong track record in T-cell mediated immunogenicity
• Track record of leadership working in cross-continental and cross-divisional teams
• Track record of scientific success demonstrated by authorship on publications, regulatory reports, and/ or patents or contributions to portfolio milestones
• Ability to travel and spend significant time in Indianapolis, IN
• Strong written and oral skills
• Industry experience in Biotech or Pharma
• Knowledge of tools to screen for potential immunogenicity
• Knowledge of methods for deimmunization of biologics
• A drive to innovate while creating novel biotherapeutics
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills for managing complex multi-project interactions and effectively managing personal and laboratory priorities
• Strong organizational skills/self-management
• Positive and professional approach
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.