At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Principal Project Manager in West Chester, Ohio, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
As the Principal Project Manager you will lead and manage capital projects that support the West Chester Ohio Supply Site and is responsible for all phases of a project including business case justification, project initiation, sanctioning, planning, execution and closure. Your project responsibilities will also include project team management, stakeholder management and project communications. Your scope of work includes capital projects, projects or programs related to increasing capacity and efficiencies at the site.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 5-8 years experience and demonstrated knowledge in various aspects of Pharmaceutical Operations, including Manufacturing and Packaging operations
- Proven expertise in successfully delivering business-critical projects involving cross functional participants, stakeholders and organizations
- Ability to manage and develop cross- functional teams, plan and execute multiple project tasks, and multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated sound judgement, good business acumen and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with lean concepts and tools
- Proficient in MS suite of software tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.