Amgen's Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) group is seeking a Principal Business Analyst to support the US Business Operations' IS platforms and services in a client-facing leadership role. The analyst will be responsible for collaborating with business leads and IS partners to deliver technology services and solutions that align with and advance operational and strategic capabilities for the USBO organization. As an IS leader, the analyst will operate with a high degree of autonomy, own business relationships with key clients, provide leadership in IS service delivery and management, engage with other leaders within the USBO and GCOIS organizations, and mentor less experienced staff.
Core responsibilities include managing Run services for existing platforms to drive efficiencies and effectiveness, and driving Build activities to advance service capabilities using Bi-modal practices. The analyst will manage a portfolio that includes custom and COTS platforms that are internally- or vendor-hosted, with integrations into other core Amgen systems. The analyst will work cross-functionally in a role that requires collaboration with peers groups across Amgen and its technology service providers.
- The Principal Business Analyst will be responsible for engaging and partnering with key business partners within USBO to ensure effective delivery of IS services and solutions.
- Own IS service delivery supporting business processes regulated by SOX and CMS compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership in Identifying and pursuing opportunities to optimize and grow innovative, new IS service capabilities including predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Drive efforts to improve data quality through the data processing chain utilizing automated controls and process automation.
- Balance Build vs Run responsibilities to sharpen team focus on creating new business value.
- Provide regular management level reporting of service portfolio KPI's and health checks to IS and Business stakeholders, to anticipate problems, improve processes and illustrate health of portfolio.
- Align key stakeholders, facilitate consensus, and manage cross-functional teams to ensure that assessment / implementation activities are executed efficiently and successfully
- Provide vendor management and oversight.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree AND 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree AND 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree AND 10 years of Information Systems experience
High School diploma/GED AND 12 years of Information Systems experience
Proven ability to work and lead in a dynamic environment with little supervision, and deal with ambiguity.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on, with a sense of urgency, and in a fast-paced environment.
- High learning agility, problem solving, creative and analytical thinking with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and recommend solutions that align with business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, under pressure, handing multiple projects at once and have the ability to effectively collaborate across a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to elicit and analyze needs identified by business stakeholders, convert them into functional requirements, and deliver tangible, pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate fluently across and up through organization, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks and business impacts.
- Strong influence and leadership skills, ability to operate across boundaries (internally/externally).
- Working knowledge of LEAN/AGILE software development methodologies.