Summary of position:
The Principal Associate at PaxVax will be a key member of the Product Development research team and will report to the Associate Director, Product Development. This position will be focused on the development of oral dosage vaccine formulations and performing stability indicating assay for research, preclinical studies, and clinical studies.
• Fill Finish process development and formulation development
• Lyophilization of adenovirus and bacterial product
• Spray drying of adenovirus and bacterial product
• Blend uniformity studies
• Find novel excipients / technology to stabilize adenoviral and bacterial formulation
• Perform in vitro assay to screen formulations
• Cell Culture and cell based assay development experience is a plus
• Participates in qualification and validation of CMC test methods.
• Writes and revises standard operating procedures and other related GLP/GMP documentation.
• Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities.
• Write reports and standard operating procedures
• 4 - 6 years or more of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
• A minimum of a BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrate an ability to think and act independently; accept supervision, work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment, critically analyze data and proactively solve problems.