Receptos, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Celgene, is a San Diego-based biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in immune disease. We are currently searching for a Pricing and Market Access Director, Global HEOR. This position is responsible for developing Global profit-optimizing access and evidence strategies supportive of the value of Receptos products in Multiple Sclerosis, IBD and future therapeutic areas; formulate evidence based payer value propositions that are aligned with Receptos’ products and have a foundation in a robust understanding of payers, organized customers, and their decision making systems; develop the evidence plan and payer engagement strategies for every stage of the product lifecycle to support optimal market access and assist regional and country organizations in achieving and maintaining broad access at target prices; and deliver toolkits with quality and broad evidence, including value dossiers, observational and real world data studies, predicative algorithms, scientific publications, and health economic and budget impact models.
Position is located in San Diego.
• Develop global Market Access & HEOR strategies and propose value by understanding: Burden of Illness, Patients’ unmet needs beyond the obvious, Views of payers; Clinical data implications, e.g., trial end-points and PRO’s; Market competition and sources of differentiation; Evidence beyond clinical trial results; Effective presentation of value arguments, cost-effectiveness evidence, and budget implications.
• Engage effectively and continuously with key stakeholders to understand needs, identify gaps and generate insights to develop and validate product value, e.g.: Payor research; Payor Ad Boards; External stakeholder interviews; Global Commercial Team, regions, countries and all other relevant internal stakeholders.
• Conduct the design and global implementation of standardized study protocols for enhanced understanding of regional and country epidemiology, burden of disease, patient journey and health care resource utilization (among others, for economic models), to ensure consistent data generation in all relevant markets.
• Ensure incorporation of economic value arguments, starting early in development, for enhanced informed decision-making (e.g., go/no-go, clinical trial design).
• Conduct economic modeling activities, starting early in development, to create insights into incremental efficacy and safety versus price trade-offs to inform clinical trial designs and to support market access.
• Develop and executes global HEOR & EBM plans to support the payer value proposition for assigned products. Generate study proposals and designs for one or more products.
• Expertly manage multiple projects within defined budgets and timelines.
• Keep abreast of the trends of the Pricing, Reimbursement, HEOR, EBM, and Market Access, and develop proactively and in collaboration with the regions and countries strategies in anticipation of these trends.
• Communicate, starting early in development to the end of a drug's life-cycle, the unique attributes of the drug for the specific therapeutic area to external stakeholders to ensure the drug's value proposition will be recognized and market uptake will be maximized.
• Work closely with clinical development to ensure that all study protocols include the necessary patient reported outcomes (PRO) and economic endpoints for product labeling claims, as well as the required reimbursement relevant outcomes endpoints and appropriate pre-specified sub-groups. Provide guidance to the Global Teams on specific ways in which the protocol may be improved and optimized to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and market access negotiations as well as are in compliance with regi
• Develop and maintain Global Value Dossier and AMCP Dossier throughout the product lifecycle for selected product(s)
• Generate study proposals and designs for assigned products.
• Analyze, communicate, and publish impactful, innovative and scientifically sound research for assigned products.
• Align Global HEOR activities with regional and country market access strategies and support adaptation by affiliates.
• Display technical competency in at least two and technical mastery in at least one of the following disciplines - economics, epidemiology, psychometrics, and statistics.
• Must collaborate effectively with all relevant teams.
• Must be able to prepare clear, relevant and influential written reports and presentations for a variety of audiences and effectively present information to senior management.
• Demonstrates effective change leadership and is an entrepreneurial thinker.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• PhD in Economics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research or a related field with at least 3-5 years of Market Access / HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical industry OR a Master's degree in Economics, Epidemiology, or related field, and at least 7 years of Global Market Access / HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven industry track record in Market Access and Pricing and a history of publications including poster/oral presentations at scientific meetings.Recent experience in a Global Market Access HEOR role with a strong understanding of market access requirements especially in the EU and Canada
• Product launch experience.
• Experience in Multiple Sclerosis and IBD TA’s with insights into TAspecific issues, HTA’s and price negotiations are a plus.
• Experience evaluating, hiring and managing specialized vendors and developing and executing multiple P&MA And HEOR Projects.
• Ability and experience developing tools that support countries in product value demonstration and communication e.g. global value dossier.
• Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmaco-economic studies in order to understand the implications for value to payers.
• Ability to design and conduct research to support the product value.
• In depth understanding and first-hand experience of US pricing and Market Access requirements, regulation and dynamics Preferred.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
If qualified and interested, please visit https://receptos.hyrell.com/UI/Views/Applicant/VirtualStepCareers.aspx to view the complete job description and the application process.
Receptos, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Celgene, offers a dynamic work environment, an attractive salary (commensurate with experience) and an annual incentive program. As well, Receptos offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Equity, 401(k), Vacation, Holidays and company-subsidized insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability). Receptos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.