Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat complex and challenging diseases. We are the pioneer in the discovery and development of antisense drugs with more than 1300 patents.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our founding goals have changed little in over 28 years and our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and
experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our drug discovery research group as a Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of energetic researchers. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to work independently to conceptualize, design and meticulously carry out in vitro and in vivo experiments.
• A Ph.D. degree in the life sciences
• Strong background in cell biology with an emphasis on autophagy is required
• Experience with cell culture and in vitro autophagy assay is required
• Proven hands-on experience in microscopy including immunofluorescence assays and/or TEM is essential
• Experience with in vivo autophagy assays is preferred
• Strong knowledge in molecular biology/biochemistry is preferred
• Attractive track record of innovative research and scientific publications
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.