At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a
Portfolio Operations Manager (POM)in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Portfolio Operations Manager (POM) is part of the Marketing Team and, working closely with the Portfolio Operations Leader and the Global Marketing Services Skill Center, is responsible for the overall operational customer experience for one or more brand teams.
The POM manages the delivery of key operational planning, execution and quality assurance services to support the brand's marketing and sales assets through the Asset Development, Review, and Delivery (ADRD) process. Core responsibilities include: Leading the brand prioritization process, developing and maintaining a 30-60-90-day view of brand promotional assets, ensuring alignment to Brand and portfolio strategic calendars, coordinating entry of the detail level operational plan and managing monthly checkpoints to track brand team progress toward the operational plan/budget, and providing strategic program/project management as determined by the Brand leadership and/or Portfolio Planning Director (e.g., metrics analysis, launch excellence planning, process optimization). The POM works with the Portfolio Operations Leader to provide a forward looking view of projects to ADRD partners to ensure efficient 'trafficking' of assets into the AZAP review process and timely capacity planning for production partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the Customer Experience of the Brand(s):
Works closely with the Portfolio Operations Leader to ensure consistency in delivery of ADRD processes across the Specialty Care portfolio. The Portfolio Operations Leader will provide direction and guidance to the POM on processes, timelines, tools and best practices in delivering the Brand experience.
Represents the individual Brand Team(s) in ensuring operational experience meets the needs of the Brand(s).
Planning and Prioritization:
Develops and maintains 30-60-90-day view of Brand priorities.
Leads Brand AZAP prioritization meetings, partnering with PRA to assign review timing based on considerations of asset complexity and Brand priorities, and ensures decisions and other take-always are appropriately pulled through including maintenance of expedited review reporting
Works with the Portfolio Operations Leader and Brand Director to highlight and resolve any potential prioritization conflicts or trade-off decisions needed.
Leverages the Asset Status report to understand the status of promotional assets in the ADRD process and provides accurate and timely views for the teams to prioritize and understand portfolio trade-off decisions regarding leveraging of available partner capacity
Conducts quality reviews of the asset portfolio, validates timing and complexity attributes, and interfaces with asset owners to identify/clarify gaps in asset portfolio based on DLOP and Brand calendar
Supports development and Atlas-entry of CY+1 Detail-level Operational Plan including facilitating working sessions and leadership reviews.
Works with Finance to lead monthly checkpoints with the Brand Team(s) to track progress against operational plan and budget.
Manages the AZAP consult process for complex initiatives to ensure streamlined review/delivery, strong cross-functional relationships, and best practices for future initiatives.
Strategic Project Management and Metrics Support
Provides strategic project management support as needed for business critical programs and activities as determined by Brand leadership and/or Portfolio Operations Leader. Examples include roles in: launch excellence planning, sales meetings execution/planning, and other brand specified programs needing a
strategic project management lens.
Works with Portfolio Operations Leader to validate, analyze, and interpret ADRD dashboard metrics to Brand leaders and provides TA/Brand-specific insight on the meaning of key process and utilization metrics and defines approaches to improve outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably equivalent experience
- Experience in launch planning and project management of strategic and/or business critical programs
- Experience with Brand strategic and operational planning processes and budget management
- Understanding of end-to-end asset development process, sub-processes and tools
- Ability to manipulate reports in excel and conduct analytics to support planning and decision-making
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, between teams, across reporting lines and matrix structures
- Ability to engage and influence teams building relationships and trust is preferred
- Global experience is a plus
- Strategic Project Management experience
- Independent worker with demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Understanding of AZUS Brand/Portfolio environment including roles & responsibilities and interactions with key partners (e.g., PRA, Marketing Services)
- Knowledgeable of AZ Financial Planning timelines and general accounting principles
- Prior experience and proficiency with Asset Approval tool and demonstrated understanding of ADRD process
- Experience in Atlas planning tool for setting up and managing budget
- Depth of understanding of scientific and/or commercial marketplace of respective therapeutic area(s) a plus
- General understanding of AZ financial processes and systems, including basic accounting principles
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.