As Head of Science Portfolio Management (SPM) you will be responsible for leading the SPM group within Pipeline Strategy & Management (PS&M). The group will support strategic portfolio discussions across the science units. The Head of S&P is accountable for leading the portfolio directors who are the interface between PS&M and the science units. You will work closely with peers in PS&M to align and integrate so as to drive efficient pipeline delivery. You will oversee integrated portfolio analyses across the science units that drive decision-making in line with portfolio goals. As a core member of the Pipeline Strategy and Management Leadership Team, you will play a key role providing focused and targeted portfolio analyses and recommendations that inform portfolio direction setting, decision-making and prioritisation of investments in line with short, medium and long term business goals to drive growth.
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
- BA/BS in science or engineering discipline or equivalent technical work experience
- Extensive experience in healthcare consulting or biopharma industry.
- Pipeline experience preferred
- Global experience preferred
- Leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Track record of delivery and raising performance and capability across a team
- Ability to influence broadly within and outside the organisation
- High level knowledge/awareness of the overall pharmaceutical product development process, including stages of development and role of different functional areas.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear understanding of external business environment and business challenges
- Strong strategic thinking, decision making, and problem solving
- Leadership skills, including ability to influence without authority and collaboration
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Proven teamwork ability, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas
- Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
- Masters or higher degree
- Experience in a therapy area in which AZ late-stage development works: Immuno-Oncology, Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease, Inflammations and Neuroscience
- Proven ability to lead change with a positive approach to the challenges of change for self and team
If you are interested, apply now!
Welcome with your application no later than April 3, 2017.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.