If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Pilot Production Technician I/II in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Description of Position
The technician is responsible for the operation of equipment according to established Standard Operating Procedures and Master Production Records for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins and vaccines in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s).
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences preferred and 0 to 2+ years relevant experience.
- Associates degree and High School Diploma acceptable with relevant experience.
- Operates production equipment such as bioreactors, centrifuges, filtration devices, chromatography equipment, washers and autoclaves.
- Weighs and checks raw materials, assembles and cleans process equipment, monitors processes.
- Completes production records and maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Edits Master Production Records and Standard Operating Procedures as required to accurately reflect process steps and capture process changes.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
- Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Provides training and operational guidance to junior staff and also serves to mentor junior staff in clinical manufacturing techniques.
- May work on assignments that are moderate to complex in nature, where judgment is required to resolve operational issues without negatively impacting clinical manufacturing efforts. Examples include Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or Master Production Record (MPR) revision or generalized trouble shooting of equipment problems.
- Normally receives minimal to no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Has good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable. Discusses problems with colleagues and senior personnel.
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- Works under moderate to periodic supervision from supervisor or senior technician.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.