If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Pilot Production Technician I/II in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Regularly works, under direct supervision, on routine manufacturing assignments. Adheres to instructions as needed on routine work and more detailed instructions on new assignments. Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures. Is learning the business.
- Bachelors degree in the sciences and 0-1 year relevant experience
- Operates production equipment such as bioreactors, centrifuges, filtration devices, chromatography equipment, washers, autoclaves, etc.
- Weighs and checks raw materials, assembles and cleans process equipment, monitors processes
- Performs SIP, CIP and manual cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Demonstrates aseptic technique in upstream and/or downstream operations
- Inputs data into databases and spreadsheets
- Completes production records
- Maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensures a safe work environment in accordance with MedImmune standards
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.