CBI is a contract research organization that offers in vivo efficacy models and preclinical pharmacology, toxicology, and histology services to all sectors of the biomedical and pharmaceutical communities, with specialized expertise in dermatology, ophthalmology, oncology, wound healing, regenerative medicine, otology and infectious disease. CBI is AAALAC accredited and compliant with FDA, USDA and OLAW regulations.
Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is seeking to recruit a Study Director for in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies. The ideal candidate will possess the technical expertise and scientific acumen to function effectively in a GLP laboratory with a primary mission to support drug discovery and development. This position involves experimental design and interpretation as well as oversight and conduct of laboratory bench work.
Opening is immediate. Position is full-time.
The successful candidate will be expected to work both independently and as part of a highly
collaborative group. The candidate will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in drug development, playing a key role in establishing in vivo efficacy models and conducting toxicology as well as pharmacokinetic studies. Must be able to use these models to evaluate new drug candidates.
• Design, develop, characterize, implement and validate relevant in vivo pharmacology / efficacy models for the evaluation of drug candidates.
• Design, document, analyze / interpret studies addressing the safety assessment of pre-clinical/clinical drug candidates.
• Communicate effectively and interact productively with clients and other visiting scientists and stakeholders in the studies conducted.
• Prepare high-quality study protocols and reports as well as manage and interpret data.
• Work collaboratively and positively influence multi-disciplinary teams.
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
• PhD. in the area of Biology, Pharmacology or Toxicology. DVM with experience in subject areas of research.
• Demonstrated expertise in in vivo pharmacology and/or toxicology.
o Minimum 2-5 years of direct experience with in vivo pharmacology or efficacy models in an industry setting, or;
o Minimum 3 years of experience working in Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Contract Research Organization.
• Strong scientific writing skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
• Proficiency in data analysis and use of standard software tools.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and relationship building.
• Experience in working closely with Research Associates and other technical staff.
• Must be able to read and write effectively in English with a professional style.
• Flexible and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• Experience with GLP study conduct is desirable but not required.