A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This posting is for a research and development scientist for the Pfizer Clinical Pharmacogenomics (PGx) Laboratory. The individual will be responsible for the assay development of nucleic acid tests as well as running those assays in a CLIA regulated environment. Responsibilities also include direct communication with the laboratory users, such as clinical and research teams. The selected applicant will be responsible for the development of high complexity CLIA LDTs in a fast paced environment for both clinical and research programs. The position will allow for growth of the selected candidate in both assay development, regulatory work, and biomarker assays integral for clinical drug development.
* Follow the lab procedures for specimen handling, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of clinical subject test results.
* RNA assay development for biomarker research in clinical and research projects.
* Establishment of RNA targeted assays for biomarker research (Taqman and NGS)
* Assist in drug development by returning results necessary for new drug filings and enrollment in clinical trials.
* Perform clinical and research testing in a CLIA regulated environment, meeting all applicable state and federal guidelines.
* Perform proficiency testing following all relevant laboratory SOPs.
* Follow the lab quality control and quality assurance policies and keep documentation using multiple information management systems.
* Work with LIMs to track samples and data generated by the PGx Laboratory.
* Identify and report problems that may affect test performance, results, and final reports; solve these problems under the supervision of lab supervisor or director.
* The selected applicant will be involved in new technologies and assay evaluation and development.
Bachelor's degree in genetics, genomics or molecular biology required. 4+ years of working in a high complexity molecular biology or genetics laboratory dealing with patient and/or research samples required.
* Familiarity with laboratory automation and high throughput platforms.
* Experience with RNA assays and assay development
* In depth knowledge of RNA expression analysis including, but not limited to, TLDA, TaqMan, RNA Seq.
* Comprehensive understanding of the latest technologies pertaining to human genomic research in industry including NGS, genotyping, RNA expression technologies, somatic alteration analysis, bioinformatics, and molecular biology techniques.
* Experience with regulated laboratory environments preferred.
* Superior scientific and technical skills in the genomic sciences.
* Ability to identify and implement new technologies.
* Ability to design and develop assays for either RNA expression or DNA genotyping/sequencing assays.
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a high complexity setting.
* Strong organizational ability; ability to successfully work and get things done in teams.
* Ability to engage, communicate and facilitate communication across groups.
* Ability to physically work in a laboratory (stand for extended periods) and at a computer for data analysis
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.