As Project Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects on time within budget, and according to quality standards and acceptance criteria. Projects can be undertaken to build and launch a product, add new features or create new versions or extension to a product, or expand the production capacity for a product. Projects can be undertaken to expand or remodel the facility. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast changing environment, be willing and able to juggle different projects at the same time and be a team player by nature. Reporting to the Director of the Product Development, successful candidate will be a member of the project management team supporting all project management activities on the site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Lead project team members to successful completion of the project in regard of time, cost and quality, while aligning the needs of the project with all interacting departments.
• Develop Net Present Value (NPV) determinations and project score cards for presentation and approval by executive management.
• Establish/track and manage project DEA Quota requirements for all projects within the product development group.
• Develop detailed project plan(s), including scope, deliverables, resource planning, budget, duration/schedules, risk management and reporting.
• Conduct project kick-off, team meetings, brainstorming sessions, and present to project Steering Committee.
• Track/manage projects from initiation to successful completion.
• Identify/escalate issues, and resolve project issues and changes.
• Manage relationships and keep project stakeholders accurately and regularly informed of the project(s) status.
• Coordinate project activities such as product/process development, raw material and equipment procurement, and construction contractors.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of New Product Stage Gate and Capital Phase Models and training/mentoring of present and new staff on project management best practices and techniques.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred. Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing small to large-scale projects for New Product Development in an FDA regulated industry, preferably API manufacturing. Skilled in the use of project planning tools such as MS Project or similar tools. Proficiency in all aspects (identifying, analyzing, tracking and monitoring) of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.