Location:Cambridge, England, United KingdomJob reference:
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Apr. 19, 2017
The purpose of R&D Information is to partner with the three R&D science units, namely Innovative Medicines (IMED), Global Medicines Development (GMD) and MEDIMMUNE, to support them in delivering the drug development pipeline.
Our ambition is to provide world-class expertise in Scientific Information & Technology solutions, and to “Make IT inspire R&D” through the following mission:
- Increase productivity and creative insights - simple, easy to use IT solutions that delight
- Support informed decision making - bringing together the right information at the right time
- Build future competitive advantage - through our expertise in science, technology and information
In delivering to this mission, R&D Information requires people with hybrid skill sets of technical ability and knowledge of the R&D processes.
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to the Patient Safety domain in GMD business, by taking a leading role in RDI Delivery of Scientific IT solutions via Programmes/Projects and/or Services
This will be achieved by:
- Establish working relationships with the Patient Safety customer group to develop an understanding of business priorities and insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IS portfolio of services and projects aligned with the drug development business and strategies.
- Contribute to the efforts to understand the business needs and analyze, validate and document the business and system requirements that address these needs.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the Patient Safety and GMD business area direction and priorities to drive innovative solutions to issues and challenges faced by the customer area.
- Contribute in developing the capabilities (methods, processes, best practices etc.) in at least one of the Programme- Project- Service Management, Business Analysis or Business Relationship Management capabilities.
- Delivery of excellent services to the Patient Safety in GMD business unit, and support service management activities to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and business requirements.
- Support less experienced Project/Service Managers and/or Business Analysts in the execution of their duties.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes, stages, activities, and decision points in either preclinical or clinical areas.
- Understanding of the interdependencies between the deliverables of the various functions.
- Comfortable with key decision points.
- Ability to apply knowledge to solve problems and knows when to enlist help from others.
- Established knowledge of or some experience of working in a specific disease or therapy area.
- Established knowledge of scientific domain, e.g. some experience in working in the scientific domain.
- A good understanding of the scientific theory of the scientific domain
- A good understanding of the techniques and approaches applied in the scientific area of expertise and how to interpret to derive useful information.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.