If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Patient Access Specialist in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Patient Access Specialist (PAS) will be an essential member of the AstraZeneca Access 360 team. This position will be responsible for addressing all cases including complex reimbursement issues, providing education and information relating to the utilization of available resources to support appropriate patient access to AstraZeneca therapies, including working patient cases that come through AstraZeneca Access 360™ program. This role will focus on identification of access issues and excellent and responsive support providing information and resources to address reimbursement access barriers and maintaining strong internal and external communications.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day activities of health care provider support requests and deliverables across multiple communication channels i.e. Phone, Fax, Chat, eMail, etc.
- Perform intake of cases and capture all relevant information in the Access 360 Case Management system
- Ensure all support requested is captured within the Case Management system
- Ensure timely processing and resolution of cases
- Escalate cases appropriately to the Patient Access Associate team
- Coordinate all appropriate aspects of patient case management through to completion, using effective interpersonal skills to manage interactions
- Serve as a resource for Health Care Providers and patients and use regional reimbursement, distribution and payer policy expertise to provide solutions for complex patient access situations, working closely with the PAA team to appropriately escalate/resolve issues
- Communicate effectively with payers, third party administrators and other departments
- Perform in-depth research into patient’s insurance, prior authorization and appeal requests on behalf of the provider
- Educate offices on Access 360 programs and referral process to ensure timely case processing
- Associates Degree or equivalent education in health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy, social work or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of healthcare/healthcare reimbursement experience; high level of proficiency in all aspects of reimbursement and access, i.e., benefit investigations, specialty pharmacy distribution, private and public payer reimbursement policies and procedures, regulatory and administrative rules
- Coordination of patient access experience
- Expert knowledge of specialty products, reimbursement for medical and pharmacy benefits, patient access processes and patient assistance programs: operational policies and processes
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative, as well as any relevant quantitative, targets and goals
- Experience with HIPAA policy, patient access data and analytics
- Ability to drive projects and cases to completion, be self-directed, have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Excellent customer service
- Effective organizational management
- Proficient competency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects
- Business acumen; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting Access Services programs
- Must be able to support all hours of operations that are between 8:00am - 8:00pm EST
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education in health sciences, managed healthcare, public policy, social work or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare/healthcare reimbursement experience; high level of proficiency in all aspects of reimbursement and access, i.e., benefit investigations, specialty pharmacy distribution, private and public payer reimbursement policies and procedures, regulatory and administrative rules
- Relevant biologics healthcare/ insurance experience
- Billing/ Coding background in buy and bill and Specialty Pharmacy markets
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.