Pan Tumor/Immuno-Oncology Medical Science Liaison/Sr. MSL - IA/MN/ND/SD/NE
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
We are looking for a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's marketed products, new indications for current products and compounds in development.
You will engage in scientific information exchanges with targeted Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs) Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) consistent with Medical Affairs and Therapeutic Brand Teams' objectives.
* Identify and engage key customers with scientific expertise and business knowledge of AstraZeneca marketed products and compounds in development.
* Develop peer-level relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, (KOLs) Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and researchers consistent with Scientific and Medical Affairs strategy and objectives
* Identify pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the goals of Clinical Development activities and Therapeutic Brand Teams initiatives
* Provide actionable information that enhances the value and appropriate use of AZ products to internal stakeholders.
* Respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca's products and services.
* Deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca products.
* Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements.
* Sustain expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape.
* Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent
* 2+ years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, scientific marketing or clinical development (2+ years of experience as a pharmaceutical medical liaison for Sr. MSL role)
* Knowledge of oncology customer segments and market dynamics
* Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences.
* Experience with clinical research
* Excellent project management ability
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Ability to travel (30-50%)
*Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing or equivalent
* Familiarity with the drug discovery and drug development process
* Minimum of 3 years experience in Oncology (academia, pharmaceutical, or other) preferred; pharmaceutical industry experience in immuno-oncology strongly preferred.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.