At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. While working the 2nd Shift/Weekend role in West Chester, OH, as a Packaging Engineering Technician Operations/Maintenance, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- High school graduate, vocational school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work off shift (2nd & 3rd) including weekends.
- Ability to overtime as required with prior notice to support business needs. Emergency overtime may be required with little notice to ensure operation of equipment.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a regulated production environment, specifically responsible for equipment maintenance and performance
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow instructions in the English language.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment change parts, tooling, and materials associated with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, dependable, organized, efficient, disciplined, and able to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical control systems. Experience with automated equipment, sensors, PLCs, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience with systematic root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability and experience with automated records systems.
- Demonstrated peer leadership experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, read/understand blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams and other specialized documentation.
- Proficient mechanical skills using appropriate hand and power tools as well as experience using a wide variety of diagnostic tools used to test, troubleshoot and repair complex equipment.
Next Steps – Apply today!
- Associates in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent mechanical trade school graduate preferred
- Experience working in a GMP environment preferred.
- Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement systems
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.