At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Packaging Engineer in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
This position will also provide technical support for any packaging equipment acquisition and development activities.
Success in these areas will requirean ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services
and the ability to project cross-functional influence.
Packaging Engineer is expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Experience working in packaging development and commercialization. Experience with packaging development or commercial packaging.
- Experience commercializing a pharmaceutical/ medical device or consumer products is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to work effectively in cross functional teams and effectively influence team members. Establish effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Think creatively and constructively solve problems. Excellent communication skills. Self-directed and able to contribute individually and as a member of a team. Excellent time/project management, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a complex, dynamic, global environment and willingness to travel when necessary.
- Innovative problem solving skills
5+ years BS or MS Degree in Engineering (Packaging Engineering preferred) or life science; Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.