Are you a Packaging Engineer? Do you have experience in the medical device industry? If you can answer yes to both of these questions, you are automatically a strong fit for a role at one of my best medical device clients. Located in the Greater Chicago Area, they are looking for a Packaging Engineer to join the team. This will be structured as a 12 month contract-to-hire opportunity, but will convert to full-time employment within the first 3-6 months. Pay will range from $40 to $70 per hour based on level of prior experience.
The client is open to candidates with as little as 1-2 years of experience, as well as those with 10+ years. They will craft the role to meet the experience of the candidate.
The primary responsibility of the Packaging Engineer will be to lead complex medical device packaging initiatives. Among others, this person will have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Resolve complex packaging problems within cross-functional and multi-national program teams and manufacturing facilities
- Establish plans to optimize primary and secondary product packaging to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Design the medical device packaging organization operating procedures, technical justifications, and test methods to support product packaging qualification
The best candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Packaging
- Previous experience in the medical device industry
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 11607, ASTM, ISTA, and other packaging standards
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a Fortune 500 company that is in the midst of some exciting growth plans. This Packaging Engineer role will allow you to gain market leading skills and scale your career quickly.
If you are interested in learning more, please forward your resume and/or reach out to me on the details below!