Operational Excellence Director – Coppell, TX
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As anOperational Excellence Director
, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations
at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Operational Excellence Director will be part of expanding the site’s footprint, capacity and capabilities, specifically by embedding Lean ways of working while identifying other necessary improvements to meet both the Operations and America’s Region Business Objectives. Ensure that Learning, Communications, Change management and Lean knowledge is embedded in the business while providing tactical support the sites functional areas, including operations, QA/QC and Facilities. Member of site leadership team with shared accountability with other site leads to drive overall improvements to site performance and deliver the sites strategy and core objectives.
Member of site leadership team accountable for developing strategies and tracking key site metrics in the areas of business process, team performance, change management, continuous improvement, learning, GMP, and communications. Accountable for overall ownership of site Operational Excellence processes (including Manufacturing Excellence) by ensuring that the Operational Excellence processes and systems are executed consistently across the site, are being improved to effective and efficient levels, and that the Process Ownership Model is being used effectively by the site. Ensures that Lean strategies and business processes align with site, regional, and global strategies. Establish visible site performance metrics and ensure these metrics are aligned to the business for measurement of Operational Excellence. If no key site metrics exist, establish metrics and process to check and review. Support functional leaders on adoption of key metrics for Operational Excellence through coaching and education. Acts as a key coaching resource to the site Leadership Team. Accountability to work with the site leaders to embed tools to drive performance improvement and to track progress against key Operational Excellence metrics. Ensure that Operational Excellence process owners in the areas of Learning, Communications, Change management, and Process Excellence are providing appropriate content area development guidance to the coaches and operational excellence practitioners in the PETs. Ensure that the leadership team is providing appropriate process ownership direction. If process ownership is not deployed at the site, establish a plan to define and execute a process ownership model. Works collaboratively with Operational Excellence leaders at other AZ manufacturing sites, the supply chain services support group (centralized function), and Global Operations to ensure common approach to linking overall Operational Excellence support for the business. Link to HR Lead to ensure that tools and techniques utilized in Operational Excellence are aligned with the HR tools provided by HR process owners. Accountable for team development activities for the Operational Excellence team and will be used as the key leader to help develop similar activities for the Site Leadership Team. Display of Leadership capabilities and AZ Values that support: managing multiple customer needs, using deep insight to impact broadly, creating climate for others to make decisions, anticipating and removing obstacles for the team, working across the leadership team and the sites to establish common purpose and goals, and developing themselves and team members for future roles. Demonstrates behaviors that align with core business processes by understanding their role in the value stream, measuring what they are trying to achieve, focusing on long term sustainability of process improvements, consistently looking for opportunities to improve, and modeling principles and behaviors required for working in a process centered organization
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
- Ensures compliance with AZ Corporate Policies and Directives, site Standard Operating Procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practice (cGMPs, GAMP, ITIL, PMI).
- Maintains a safe work environment and performs work in accordance with site Environment, Health and Safety (SHE) policies and procedures.
- Immediately report potential unsafe conditions to management.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of statistical process control concepts, data analysis, diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated capability to lead process improvement efforts.
- Working knowledge of the DMAIC process.
- Working knowledge of Lean Tools such as VSM, Kaizen, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective internal consulting skills with all levels of management.
- 10+ years industry related experience in Lean/Six Sigma projects and programs.
- Six Sigma Black Belt training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating teams and groups in lean, six sigma and process improvements.
- Working knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Expertise in the application of analytical problem solving methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Mini-Tab, SPC-XL or other statistical analysis software, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
This position will be filled at Career Level E or Career Level F, depending on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.