At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a North America Sr. Application Engineer- Information Management
you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.IT
provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Senior Engineer will be a member of the global Information Management Center of Excellence team, responsible for providing architecture and design support for the North American region. This includes solution architecture review and advisory across the business intelligence, data warehousing and integration capabilities of the Interactive Reporting and EDH. The position will engage with Regional Architecture and Application Development teams to support delivery of projects and enhancements that align both with regional needs and platform and application standards.
This position will also support development of the best practices and guiding principles required for the consumption of these platforms across the North American Commercial organization.
Strategic platforms and technologies include Cloudera, MicroStrategy, Amazon Web Services and various ETL toolsets such as Informatica BDME, SnapLogic.
Participates global platform governance and demand management processes
Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and proactively identifies and drive identification of opportunities to be leveraged across the IM platform
Partners with the North America Capability team to build out platform road maps that align with IT and Business objectives and provide technical input to business cases, solution designs and toolset evaluation
Creates and maintains relationships with third party software and service suppliers to provide strategic and innovative technology applications aligned with AstraZeneca business needs
Ensures infrastructure and application lifecycle maintenance needs are identified and managed
Works with Platform Architects and Commercial Enterprise Architecture to define business applications, ensuring their alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as expected target benefits
- Degree level education in computer science or similar information technology
- Significant experience in an Information Services/Information Technology environment with good business acumen
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Evidence of leading, shaping and designing innovative applications and driving any changes
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Expert in application design patterns and processes
- Expert in Continuous Integration and Deployment methods delivered as part of an agile team
- Expertise in BI toolsets, specifically MicroStrategy
- Expertise in Hadoop, focus on Cloudera
- Experience with AWS/Cloud architecture and toolsets
- Expertise in ETL languages and tools such as, Informatica, SnapLogic and open source toolsets for Hadoop
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of the external market
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.