Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The four-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. The company has established strategic partnerships with DuPont (agriculture, industrial biotechnology) and Genus plc (agriculture) and has co-founded human therapeutics company Intellia Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NTLA.)
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Molecular Engineering group. The ideal candidate will interact closely with Scientists and other RAs to support DNA cloning and other molecular biology based workflows.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
• Design and execute DNA cloning using a variety of techniques including restriction/ligation, LIC, SLIC, Gibson, and Golden Gate
• Perform in vitro methodologies such as PCR, RNA transcription, and sequencing library preparation
• Design and create arrayed and pooled plasmid libraries
• Prepare plasmid DNA clones, purified DNA, RNA, and lab reagents within quality guidelines
• Perform workflows in 96-well plate format using liquid handling robotics
• Maintain records and organize high throughput workflows
• Compile data to support/contribute to technical reports and presentations
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio (https://twitter.com/cariboubio).
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title ME-RA-BSP in the subject line. No phone calls please. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Candidate must possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or AA/AS with equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a biotech company or a 96-well plate based academic environment with a focus on DNA cloning
• Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with the methodologies listed above
• Solid computer skills, specifically with spreadsheets, databases, and DNA cloning software
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Microbial genetics experience
• Protein engineering experience
• Library screening experience
• Cas9 based recombineering experience
• Expertise in programming liquid handling robots