The Medical Science Liaison is a field-facing representative of the R&D Department with a primary responsibility of engaging in the exchange of published scientific data and other medical and/or scientific information with external customers (Health Care Providers, researchers, professional organization leadership, and formulary decision makers). The MSL is a front-line member of the Medical Affairs organization responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent educational and research collaborations. In addition, the MSL will interact with internal customers from both the Commercial and R&D organizations regarding the scientific and medical information relating to Endo's marketed and development assets.
*Act as the primary clinical/scientific resource to HCPs in the territory for information pertaining to disease state and Endo's product(s) to ensure awareness and understanding.
* Serve as a conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between Thought Leaders (TLs)/investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group.
*Establish, foster, cultivate and maintain peer relationships with TLs in the therapeutic areas in which Endo has current and future interests.
* Share knowledge and participate in scientific exchanges and interactions with identified TLs.
* Present clinical, scientific and economic data on Endo's products and relevant therapeutic areas to formulary decision-makers, as requested.
* Identify and communicate key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate internal partners to shape company research, development, and commercial strategies.
* Develop and implement business plans to support Medical Affairs strategic direction for assigned region.
* An advanced degree in medical sciences, biology, pharmacy, chemistry, nursing or a related field is required. An MD, PharmD or PhD in medical sciences is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a scientific or clinical setting.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinical/medical science liaison in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
* Relevant therapeutic area expertise is a plus (urology, orthopedics)
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare market, acceptable practices and related regulations is required.
* Advanced understanding of clinical/medical science is required.