Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
Our headquarters is located in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco and we have an office in Brisbane, CA.
Our MSL team has four openings in the following territories: Mid-West, Great Lakes, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. MSLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development as well as key medical organizations including treatment centers of excellence and established societies and associations. MSLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support to the company. This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established personal and scientific creditability to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. This MSL position will support company’s products in development and brands as their primary responsibility. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of rare diseases development.
• Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and establish and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs; connecting to KOLs in academic and community centers
• Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
• Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans
• Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings
• Collaborate with the Clinical Operations organization to enhance patient enrolment in company-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate clinical trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies
• Provide scientific and medical information updates
• Provide scientific support at medical congresses
• Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific teams and opportunities to internal stakeholders
• Provide scientific support for appropriate educational initiatives
• Ensure all activities are compliant with company policies and SOPs.
• Advanced degree in clinical specialty required (MD, PhD, PharmD) and commensurate experience required: 5+ years of industry experience
• Rare disease experience required, particularly in metabolic bone and/or metabolic genetic diseases
• Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information required
• Expert understanding of the health care delivery system and its impact on patient care and regional medical care
• Approximately 50-60% travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.