Requisition ID 23397BR
Title Medical Liaison II Managed Markets- West
Job Category Field Medical
Within Field Medical Affairs (FMA), this position functions as a regional medical liaison for NNI and key external customers to further scientific exchange. S/he provides advanced product and scientific field support to Medical, Sales, Marketing, and Managed Markets (MM) by using academic credentials and scientific expertise to communicate with health care providers and organizations.
Position reports to Field Director/Sr Field Director/ or Executive Director. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs with the Regional and Endo FMA teams, Managed Care and Government and Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) personnel. Establishes external relationships with key national and regional Managed Care accounts, Government Accounts, State Medicaid accounts, Long-term care facilities, GPOs and organizational key opinion leaders (KOL's) and key formulary influencers (KFIs).
- Effectively completes monthly report on scientific support activities in region to Senior Director.
- Provides monthly reports on scientific support activities in region to Field Director including budget expenditures as directed.
- Records all activities within One Stop Shop (OSS) and all expenses within Concur in accordance with FMA procedures.
- Secures and maintains effective administrative management of regional business as well as operational and educational budgets.
ADVOCACY & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Attends and presents at assigned medical and scientific meetings and symposia: a) ensures and maintains thorough knowledge of the latest and current issues and new data pertaining to NNI products; b) develops, establishes and maintains relationships with key Managed Care Plans; c) Conveys appropriate use of NNI products and greater utilization of its services; d) supports and assists Account Executives in answering unsolicited questions within Managed Care Plans.
- Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key health care providers and key formulary influencers and respond to inquiries to establish and/or further the knowledge of NNI products and related topics.
- Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities.
- Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitors products to help inform medical and commercial decision making.
- Maintains a thorough/advanced and detailed working knowledge of NNI, its products, current scientific research and publications associated with same.
- Participates and presents in special Regional and National projects e.g., team meetings, training, etc.
- Understands and adheres to legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry.
COORDINATION OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS:
- Assists Senior Director with planning and delivering presentations for MM POA meetings. - Assists with educating Managed Care Account Executives on product knowledge and understanding of technical information within the therapeutic area.
- Coordinates and partners in development of Managed Care Symposia and continuing education seminars for health care providers on subjects relevant to NNI's products.
- Collaborates and partners with Marketing, MM, HEOR management and other FMA teams to develop scientific strategies to optimize NNI's products and development activities in the medical community.
- Develops and presents product and advanced scientific updates for Formulary presentations.
- Participates and facilitates potential Pharmaco-Economic and Managed Care-initiated studies in the regions and refers requests for research grants from region to The Research Grants Committee or other appropriate in-house committees as directed.
- Provides advanced scientific support for marketed products and development projects within the MM and Institutional accounts focusing on diabetes.
- Provides advanced scientific support for regional Managed Care and Health Economics consultants and advisory board activities.
FIELD-BASED CLINICAL SUPPORT:
- Provides assistance to leadership in developing and implementing the MM strategy in alignment with Medical and Brand strategy.
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Management of Managed Markets and Senior Management of Health Economics to identify Medical Support needs at key MM and Institutional accounts.
INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT & COVERAGE PROJECTS:
- Designs, develops, and delivers advanced scientific presentations to individuals and groups of strategic importance to Novo Nordisk as requested.
- Develops and delivers advanced formulary presentations using approved material.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A PharmD degree or other Doctoral degree required.
- At least three years' experience in Managed Care, Pharmaco-Economics, or Health System management strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in diabetes preferred.
Department CMR - MANAGED MKTS
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
City SAN DIEGO
State/Provinces US - CA
Degree Required Doctorate Degree Required
Percent Travel 60 - 70%