The Medical information Manager is responsible for supporting Medical information initiatives for Onyx's commercial products. Candidate will be a key member of the Medical Information Team based in South San Francisco, California. This position is responsible for assisting with the management of Medical Information activities. He/she will be reporting to the Director of Global Medical Information supporting the infrastructure, systems, databases and processes in support of the department objectives. The candidate will play a key role in reviewing technical documents, development of Medical Information materials, participation in review committees, Sales, Marketing, congress support and other medical information initiatives. The candidate will play a key role in maintaining the Medical Information Management System (IRMS) and will serve as an expert and knowledgeable resource for internal (Medical/Scientific Affairs, Safety, Marketing, and Sales) and external customers (Physician, Nurses, Pharmacists).
- Serve as a medical reviewer for Onyx products (Legal, Regulatory and Medical Review Teams)
- Assist with booth planning (content and materials) and support for expanding list of congresses, including international venues.
- Assist with maintaining the Medical Information Database (IRMS).
- Assist with medical information letter creation, FAQ list, and technical documents.
- Collects and reports monthly Medical Information metrics
- Support the creation of departmental SOPs, guidelines and procedures necessary to achieve organizational and compliance objectives.
- Works with the Project Coordinator on Onyx's Library Enterprise (OLE)
- Support the Medical Information Team with the interactions, management and training of Call Center and its staff; utilize effective project and people management skills to ensure achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Interacts with Patient Support Services, Sales Training, MSLs, and Medical Communications.
- Conduct business in accordance with ONYX Values.
- Other Duties as assigned. Onyx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
5 years of medical affairs experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Oncology training/experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Knowledgeable of Medical Information Management Systems and Call Center experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical and therapeutic issues
- Ability to create and present on scientific and clinical data
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings
- Exceptional organization and project planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results
- Medical Information Management Systems (IRMS)
- Knowledge of Medical Information Regulations