This position reports to Senior Medical Director – Clinical Development and will contribute in the clinical arena of hematologic malignancies. The successful candidate will function as a scientific and medical resource for the Clinical Affairs department at Seattle Genetics, and as a medical monitor for ongoing clinical trials in oncology.
- Contribute to the strategic development of early and late stage clinical programs
- Development of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Lead clinical study teams and provide appropriate medical monitoring for ongoing clinical studies
- Evaluation of safety, pharmacology, and efficacy data from ongoing and completed studies
- Prepare manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries to support clinical development programs
- Medical resource for design and interpretation of clinical and preclinical programs to support existing and new development candidates
- Has a strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Demonstrates a passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Has a collaborative style with internal company leadership, external development partners and investigators/medical professionals
- Is a team player, works well in a team environment both as a leader and a key contributor
- Has a global perspective and mindset, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies.
- MD or MD/PhD
- Clinical oncology experience; Board certification in oncology or hematology preferred
- 2-5 years industry experience in oncology drug development preferred
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.