Verenium, a global leader in developing high-performance enzymes, is part of BASF – The Chemical Company. Verenium’s unique enzymes, designed to improve efficiency and economics, together with BASF’s sustainable chemistry, will continue to transform the future of enzymes. By combining our cultures of innovation and our focus on creating sustainable solutions, we will continue to harness the power of nature and leverage its unique, patented technology to create enzyme products that maximize efficiency while improving environmental performance.
Verenium - now part of BASF is seeking a Media Technician for our Molecular Biology team in the R&D department. We are looking for a Media Technician to provide media preparation and glassware services to all groups within the R&D department. The Media Technician will be working in a multidisciplinary and fast-paced environment working with diverse cross-functional groups.
- Preparing a wide variety of reagents, buffers, and microbiological cell culture media, as well as cleaning and sterilizing glassware and maintaining glassware inventory.
- Operating autoclaves, media dispensers, balances, centrifuges, filtration equipment, pH and conductivity meters, water systems, peristaltic pumps, laminar flow hoods, and other specialized lab equipment.
- Ordering and monitoring inventory levels of relevant chemicals, reagents, and materials necessary to supply consistent media support within the R&D team.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Strong capabilities/experience in performing biochemical calculations and conversions
- Must understand aseptic techniques and have a working knowledge of laboratory procedures and protocols, equipment specific to area of instruction and safety guidelines
- High mechanical aptitude
- Must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The Media Technician must be a highly organized individual with strict attention to detail and excellent time management skills
Education and Experience:
- Requires an Associates Degree in Microbiology or applicable biological science and at least two years of directly related Specialized/Technical training
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-GV-Specialty Chemicals Research
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Technician, Media, Chemical Research, Medical Lab, Healthcare, Marketing, Technology, Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.