At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Packaging Mechanical Technician in West Chester, Ohio, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- High school graduate, vocational school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum three years experience in a regulated production environment, specifically responsible for equipment maintenance and performance
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow instructions in the English language.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment change parts, tooling, and materials associated with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Associates in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent mechanical trade school graduate preferred
- Previous experience with automated equipment preferred
- Training in other technical disciplines including; refrigeration technology, vacuum technology, programmable logic controllers, freeze drying, blow-fill seal applications preferred
- Training in mechanics, hydraulics, electronics and testing equipment in electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data and materials maintenance systems such as SAP, KRONOS, or other MRP systems
- Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement systems
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.