The Mechanical Engineer II is responsible for collaborating with Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Plant Engineering and/or vendors to create designs and drawings for facility areas and production process equipment, equipment trains and/or process systems. The Mechanical Engineer II will generate technical documentation and provide solutions to a variety of technical designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
* Responsible for the planning, designing, reconfiguration, construction and alteration of facilities equipment, buildings and other infrastructure.
* Provide technical expertise and engineering excellence to design projects.
* Designs and generates detailed drawings and/or simulations for complex equipment layouts, plumbing, electrical, fabrication assemblies, and engineering schematics using SolidWorks Premium or Auto CAD software.
* Prepare, modify, and release 3D drawings and/or isometrics to verify fit, form, and function of design and/or performance specifications.
* Create and control detailed manufacturing, fabrication, assembly drawings, manuals and/or record drawings.
* Gather and incorporate necessary design inputs from Engineering staff, vendors and/or field personnel.
* Establish current functional and/or user requirement (FRS/URS) equipment specifications.
* Effectively interact with interdepartmental personnel and project teams, such as Process Engineering, Plant Engineering, Project Engineering, Purchasing, and/or Manufacturing to uphold project plans and achieve project objectives of cost, scheduling and quality.
* Inspects or directs the construction and installation progress to insure conformance to established drawings, specifications and schedules.
* Attend and participate in all team meetings as scheduled.
* Drive complex projects including Bill of Materials (BOM), document and revision control procedures, and standard data and drawing libraries.
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support corporate Lean/Six Sigma continuous improvement efforts.
* Experience with implementing product changes through a structured, phase-gated, product development process;
* Designs, selects and/or specifies state of the art process technology and mechanical components.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of five years of experience using AutoCad/ SolidWorks Premium (3D) or equivalent. Must strive for continuous improvement in all work activities.