My client, a leading medical device company in Wisconsin, now has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Electronics Packaging Engineer on a contract to hire basis. This is an initial one year contract with the potential to convert to a permanent role after the 12 month contract period. The rate for this position is between $35 and $60 per hour dependent on experience.
- Drive standardization of electronics, enclosures, mating, and interconnects
- Develop and analyze designs using PRO-E and other tools
- Develop innovative and robust designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, target cost, manufacturability, and serviceability
- Perform tolerance, reliability and thermal model analyses for mechanical and electronic designs and present data/results on technical reviews meetings
- Work closely with other breaker subsystem designs to define interface requirements and assure that designs meet requirements
- Work with manufacturing support team to determine part manufacturing and assembly processes
- Provide ownership for designs including engineering drawings, Bill of Material structures, regulatory file updates, product specifications, and engineering test procedures
- Perform mechanical packaging and integrated system cooling design of high power electronics cabinets and related printed circuit board control assemblies to support inverter driven AC propulsion equipment and auxiliary power.
- Perform integrated ventilation airflow and component cooling analysis
- Own the creation of sheet metal cab structure designs to house electric drive components.
- Lead the validation and qualification of electronics and power electronics related components as well as perform validation on new sheet metal cab structures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical design experience involving structural, heat transfer, vibration and fluid flow analysis.
- Understanding of mechanical design and the product development process
- Experience with ProE and simulation
- Experience with liquid cooling systems
- Experience in design of plastic and metallic enclosures and packaging for electronics
- Experience with circuit breakers and industrial products
- Ability to communicate effectively across the design team, take ownership and drive results
- Understanding of product standards and regulatory agency requirements
- Pro- E Experience
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge
Apply now for immediate consideration or contact Colleen Kalland on 312.453.9088. If your profile is not a fit for this position, but you are interested in similar opportunities please apply and I will be in contact.