The Mechanical Engineer will help develop all of the company's products from concept, through design and in to volume manufacturing. The role will work on mechanisms, actuators, create Test Plans and Reports, create ECO's, and support continuing engineering activities. The role also requires strong opto-mechanical knowledge.
- Design and analyze mechanical parts
- Manage complex product assemblies in Solidworks
- Work closely with electrical engineers to develop tightly-integrated, compact electromechanical solutions.
- Source and collaborate with engineering consultants, industrial designers, contract manufacturers and parts vendors.
- Take products through engineering analysis and design validation testing phases using skills of both the internal team and outside resources such as test labs and consultants.
- Cooperate with manufacturing organization and outside vendors in creating fixtures manufacturing and testing.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications:
- BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Experience in design of precision optical systems required.
- Good CAD skills, preferably in Solidworks
- Ability to integrate complex ID surfaces
- Familiarity with CAE tools with regards to thermal dissipation, stress strain, and impact.
- Experience with design and requirements of medical devices are a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical tolerance analysis
- Broad knowledge of opto-mechanical components and systems
- 10+ years of experience
To find out more about Real please visit