If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Material Handler III in Boulder, CO, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Material Handler III will start in late January 2017 and will work a ten hour swing shift, 1400 – 0030, Monday – Thursday. You will be responsible for Shipping & Receiving and Weigh & Dispense activities.
Responsibilities include receiving incoming materials. Selecting, staging and moving raw materials and supplies needed for manufacturing processes as well as preparing outbound items for shipment. Your duties will include maintaining accurate records in both manual and automated systems of all inventory in-stock including received, retained, expired and released items. You will select and deliver items needed for production processes. Receive GMP (controlled) and non-GMP items for the site; ensuring actions are correctly recorded in appropriate systems. Work with other groups (i.e. Quality) to ensure items received meet company standards and requirements. Prepare GMP and non-GMP shipments for local and international destinations including all required documents and certifications. Ensure warehouse equipment is in proper condition and safe-to-operate. Conduct/participate in regular cycle counts to ensure accuracy of inventory. Perform routine cleaning of area.
You will ensure raw material sampling and weigh & dispense activities are properly conducted and recorded and notify other functions of any issues or concerns. You'll conduct and participate in departmental cross-training programs. Manage LN2 cylinders. Adhere to SOPs; conduct investigations for non-conformances and offer solutions to improve processes. You may be responsible for training other team members on procedures. You may be called upon to lead project/ask teams and to delegate work assignments to other team members. You will be expected to carry the department cell phone and respond to calls.
- High school diploma
- Minimum four years of experience in a GMP controlled warehouse operation, inventory control or logistics
- Class C commercial driver's license (CDL) and must be insurable
- Familiarly with inventory control systems and computer office programs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Good problem solving skills and knowledge of when to stop and seek input and/or approval from management
- Must be organized, possess time management skills and be willing to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to be on call as needed
- Agrees to work in Boulder or Longmont facility as needed
- College course work in Business, Life sciences
- Biotech, pharmaceutical or med device industry experience
- Experience with SAP and MES
- Training/certification in hazardous materials
- Forklift certifications: Gas, LP-Gas, Diesel Trucks, electric sit-down rider, electric stand-up rider, Narrow Aisle Reach Truck, Narrow Aisle Straddle truck, Order selector truck or motorized hand truck. Will be trained.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law