Location:Wilmington, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 14, 2016
At the core of everything we do at AstraZeneca and Medimmune is an unsurmountable passion for improving patient health. We are committed to delivering high standards of sales and marketing practices that are the core of driving commercial success responsibly. Together, we aim to positively impact the world through extraordinary science; and approach the pipeline with the passion, innovation and rigor it takes to be a revolutionary force in biotechnology.
As a member of the sales team, you are the "face" of the company and you will be focused on building strong key relationships within the medical industry. We provide the appropriate information to support a safe and effective use of medicine to enhance patient care. Our Marketing efforts include medical education opportunities and digital channels of communication that support high standards of medical education through collaborative environments, such as, interactions with peer groups, virtual seminars, conferences and local physician networks.
We are committed to delivering consistently high ethical standards of sale and marketing practices worldwide. We are driven by the desire to develop innovative medicines that bring hope and improve lives.
Please note this requisition is for future openings in the Marketing Analytics Insight organization.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Science, Manager / Sr. Manager is to demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills, effective communication skills, a talent for influencing without authority, and an ability to be a proactive internal consultant, adding value and insight to key stakeholders such as brand teams and business leaders. This role will be part of the US Commercial Operations - Strategic Decision Support team and will report to the Marketing Science Director.
In a hands-on role, the Marketing Science Manager/Sr. Manager is accountable for supporting the development and execution of advanced analytical capabilities and continuous improvement through best practices driving significant business decisions:
* Market opportunity identification/assessment
* Customer segmentation and targeting
* Test & Learn/Experimentation
* Local Market Insight
* Channel assessment/Promotional Response analytics
* Customer Centric promotional targeting and evaluation
* Identification and uses of new data sources & innovative techniques
* Lead design, development & execution of custom advanced analytics in support of: brand performance deep-dives, KPI definition, generate hypothesis, market sizing, segmentation, promotion response modeling, marketing mix optimization, resource allocation across diverse promotional channels and ROI analyses.
* Translate unstructured business problems into an analytical framework. Develop concise and compelling presentations capturing the key business questions and results.
* Application of advanced statistical modeling & data mining techniques on a wide array of data sets.
* Create user-friendly decision-support analytical tools based on empirical findings for business applications.
* Responsible for the creation, optimization and maintenance of custom SAS programs that are designed to address key business questions/needs.
Develops relationships and maintains strong partnerships with decision makers. Networks with Stakeholders to stay current on their strategic business needs.