At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Marketing Manager, Movantik in Wilmington, DE you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on improving patients’ lives.
Millions of patients are prescribed opioids to manage their chronic pain. The most common side effect of opioid therapy is Opioid Induced Constipation. Movantik provides a targeted treatment options for millions pf patients who are struggling with OIC and not getting relief from other treatments. You will play a vital role in helping to continue to drive uptake for Movantik with both patients and HCPs.
This position will report directly into the Senior Marketing Director and work in coordination with the Marketing Leader to align on brand initiatives and execution. The role will work collaboratively with cross functional and agency partners and will play a critical role in driving the brands success. Candidates should be able to work autonomously and be comfortable leading through ambiguity.
The preferred candidate will be someone who can lead strategic ideas from concept through execution.
The Marketing Manager, Movantik will be responsible for the strategic execution of Movantik’s promotional plan including, but not limited to, online and offline DTC advertising, non-personal promotion, and patient education. The person in this role will be responsible for generating ideas, gaining support from partners and strategically executing plans in line with brand strategy. Strong collaboration will be required with other functional areas, including ability to lead review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
Additionally, the Marketing Manager, Movantik is responsible for managing partner agency relationships, workflow and related expense budgets. The person in this role will partner with Business Insights and Market Research team to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs on an ongoing basis; optimize plans as needed to improve impact; assess investment viability of programs based on anticipated ROI/value/impact and formulate recommendations for future plans based on learnings.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience in consumer, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, pricing or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrated success leading the strategic execution of key initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Ability to generate new ideas and execute against them
- Demonstrated success delivering business impact
- Occasional business travel including agency visits, sales meetings and field rides
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, pricing or market research/analytics, strategic planning
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Prior in-line Consumer/Patient marketing experience
- Broadcast TV experience
- Experience with new media (i.e. social)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.