At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As Marketing Director – Lupus in Gaithersburg, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GPPS (Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
The product of which this role will support is a Phase III compound that is being developed for systemic lupus erythematosus and other Type I interferon-driven diseases. The product is the only molecule currently in development that targets the Type I IFN receptor and is being developed with a gene signature test that will help identify patients who may benefit most from treatment. The incumbent will be responsible for pre-launch commercial development and launch execution for the initial indication of systemic lupus erythematosus. This role will drive value to external customers (e.g., patients, physicians, payers) and will also inspire cohesive partnerships with internal global and local cross-functional colleagues.
- 5 years of marketing and/or promotions experience.
- Demonstrated execution of high-impact customer-facing promotional activities
- Demonstrated delivery of market-shaping commercial initiatives, preferably in pre-launch setting
- Successful experience in launch readiness and / or launch execution
- Demonstrated success in forging, managing, and influencing relationships in a cross-functional (preferably global) team
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate complex scientific concepts and comfort working with internal and customer scientific experts
- Strong strategic marketing skills and ability to translate customer insights to strategy to tactics
- Required commercial experience in US or Europe
- Business or scientific degree
- Preferred commercial experience in immunology disease or other specialty diseases, as well as experience working on complementary diagnostic tests
- Sales and/or sales leadership experience desirable
- Post graduate degree in business/marketing, preferred.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.