On April 1, 2016, JSR became a majority shareholder of Boston area-based Medical Biological Laboratories International Corporation (MBLI). The acquisition of MBLI significantly expanded JSR Life Sciences reach into the diagnostics and research products markets by expanding its business and product portfolio, especially in North America and Europe. MBLI is a leading life sciences company focused on providing high quality, innovative, solutions-based products for life sciences research and clinical diagnostics. The company has more than 20 years of experience focusing on research reagents in immunology and molecular biology as well as diagnostic reagents in autoimmune disease, infectious disease, and virology.
The Marketing Applications Manager will be a scientific leader with a strong customer focus. This person will serve as a technical expert for our customers and collaborators, while supporting the market development of JSR Micro’s life science products. The Marketing Applications Manager will also serve as a technical resource for Product Managers, R&D Scientists and sales teams to ensure JSR Micro’s success in the life sciences market. This person will lead the US applications teams located in Sunnyvale, CA and Woburn, MA. The position is located in Sunnyvale, CA or in Woburn, MA
The Marketing Applications Manager will be responsible for the following areas:
a) Developing new application notes to provide customers with powerful and effective solutions with our products.
b) Developing and delivering clear and compelling presentations for current and potential customers.
c) Providing technical support to customers and training customers on new products
d) Providing customer, market and technical insights on a regular basis to drive future product development.
e) Manage the US Applications laboratories and personnel to deliver on time results while maintaining a clean, safe and compliant laboratory environment.
• Develop the applications roadmap for new products, such as the JSR Life Sciences product line.
• Provide insight into the latest customer and market needs that drive new products and applications development.
• Provide expertise in the latest scientific and technical trends in fields directly related to our life sciences product portfolio.
• Represent the needs of end-user customers on product development and provide input on product development direction.
• Generate and write standard protocols, technical inserts and application notes for Life Sciences products.
• Write abstracts, posters and content for scientific meetings and make presentations to enhance the reputation of JSR Micro in the life science market.
• Solve customer technical support issues and respond to technical information requests from customers.
• Provides pre-sales and post-sales customer education.
• Present work at various events such as customer seminars and conferences.
• Support the R&D scientists and teams in assay development as needed.
• Manage a team of application scientists to deliver high performance and timely results.
• PhD degree in biochemistry, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 3-5 years’ management experience.
• Industry experience in assay development and/or product development. (especially using antibodies for ELISA, sandwich ELISA, bead-based assay etc.) for clinical research or diagnostics applications
• Publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
• Demonstrated experience in performing and establishing assays using different assay platforms (e.g. ELISA, sandwich ELISA, qPCR including primer and probe design, Western blot, Flow cytometer, cell culture, construction of expression plasmid, protein and nucleic acid purification, antibody purification, modification and labeling, etc.)
• Excellent skills in cross-functional work across global sites and multiple departments
• Ability to proactively and positively work with cross-functional and global teams.
• Candidates must be fluent in English, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking is an essential element of the job. Strong presentation skills and the ability to develop clear and compelling power point presentations are required.
• Excellent technical writing skills for reporting laboratory data and writing technical publications.
• Excellent customer communication and support skills with US customers – verbal and written.
• Must be willing to travel to present at conferences and to customer sites – approx. 35% travel.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Additional desired qualifications
• 3-5 years of post-graduate industry experience.
• Experience managing teams remotely.
• Experience with surface chemistries and microfluidics.
• Experience working of technical support or customer support.
• Focus on high quality work in the laboratory and outside the laboratory.
• Experience working in a GLP compliant environment is a plus.
• Experience in developing diagnostics assays and gaining regulatory approval in the US is a plus
• Experience working of clinical evaluation by using clinical samples for diagnostic value is a plus.