A market leading Medical Device Manufacturer, based in Minneapolis, now has a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer with 1-3 years exerience.
The Medical Device Company is currently looking to add strength to its manufacturing capabilities by hiring a strong Manufacturing Engineer who can begin contributing immediately. This is a 9 month contract-to-hire opportunity paying between $25 and $35 per hour dependant on experience.
The role will be wide ranging in its scope, encompassing the following responsibilities:
- Provide concept development, user requirement specification (URS) authoring, and quoting of automation in support of new business opportunities at US manufacturing facilities.
- Lead equipment design reviews with a cross-functional team of persons from Engineering, Automation, and Maintenance to ensure best attributes are included in equipment concepts
- Manage automation equipment projects to ensure equipment design concept challenges are successful and milestone dates are met.
- Provide FAT leadership at equipment vendor locations. Work directly with equipment vendor and to ensure equipment meets all specifications, documenting URS or performance gaps and managing vendors contingency plans, to resolve before acceptance of equipment.
- Manage equipment installation at production facility.
- Develop equipment process parameters to ensure all products meet customers specifications, using DOE methodology as needed.
- Create documentation for production operators, maintenance technicians, and calibration departments to be able to operate and maintain equipment.
Candidates for this opportunity must have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, or equivalent Minimum three (3) years proven experience in development of automated systems(automation or manufacturing engineer)
- Experience with SolidWorks or other mechanical CAD system
- Six Sigma Green Belt or better
Apply now for immediate consideration or contact Matt Catanzarite on 312.453.9088. If your profile is not a fit for this position, but you are interested in similar opportunities please apply and I will be in contact.
To find out more about Real please visit