Let’s Make Things Happen!
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. is a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization providing clinical drug process development and manufacturing services to global biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
In conjunction with drug product manufacturing operations, Althea offers comprehensive development services including: upstream and downstream process development, complex formulations, lyophilization cycle, analytical development, product release and ICH-compliant stability testing.
Now is an exciting time to join Althea. We have talented people working together to help our clients advance their innovative product pipelines. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Our work atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating and customer focused. Employees take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Althea is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate – Fermentation. Under the guidelines of established SOP’s and cGMP regulations and with minimal supervision, this position is responsible for using knowledge and skills to perform various complex manufacturing tasks, such as upstream manufacturing processes, including fermentation and various forms of filtration.
• Performs various manufacturing tasks under the guidelines of established SOP’s and cGMP regulations.
• Prepares components, media and solutions as needed.
• Accurately documents data and completes batch records.
• Maintains up to date training on SOPs and trains on batch records prior to execution.
• Collects and disposes of lab wastes according to established procedures.
• May cross train on various tasks including downstream cGMP manufacturing and R&D processes as needed to support overall success of the Biologics group.
• Maintains cGMP environment when working in manufacturing suites and remains current in GMP training.
• Trains others on execution of manufacturing processes and utilization of equipment.
• May lead project planning, execution & wrap up.
• May function as subject matter expert with clients for manufacturing programs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
• Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a manufacturing GMP environment.
• Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, and data entry.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc., located in San Diego, CA, is a contract development and manufacturing organization that specializes in cGMP manufacturing, analytical development, aseptic filling into vials & syringes, and protein delivery technology for recombinant protein and parenteral products. In a single location, Althea has the experience, expertise, capacity, and flexibility to serve as a strategic partner for drug development and manufacturing needs for early- stage and commercial requirements.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.altheacmo.com and click on the Careers section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.