We are currently seeking a Manager, Vendor Relationship Management in the Clinical Contracts & Finance department. The successful candidate will have direct vendor oversight or alliance management experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. A strong foundation in clinical operations, clinical outsourcing, or CRO is preferred. The skills required for this position include but is not limited to:
• Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management; from contract development, selection, to performance management (ie, portfolio oversight)
• Accountable for portfolio oversight of delivery for strategic or emerging vendors
• Successful translation of organizational focus and strategic objectives to vendors
• Experience with developing and managing vendor governance models at a functional or cross organizational level, including executive governance
• Demonstrated collaboration with internal and external business partners to deliver greater operational performance, efficiency, and quality
• Demonstrated success as an escalation point, leading portfolio level issue resolution
• Demonstrated understanding of organizational or functional goals through achievement of business objectives with strategic or emerging vendors
• Development of or reporting on portfolio level Key Performance Indicators
• Precision with communication around decisions, issues, risks and new processes
• Lead the evaluation of new business processes or process improvement opportunities
• Implementation of risk management plans, quality agreements, and robust relationship management plans
• Serve as a consultant to support organizational decision making or strategic planning
• Deliver with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
Essential Duties and Job Functions
• Manages several complex and large scale vendor book of business
• Responsible for optimal vendor accountability and delivery for contracted book of business
• Translates the vision and requests of functional leadership with accuracy to vendors
• Strengthens existing vendor relationships that thrive on collaboration, efficiency and quality
• Organizes and leads executive and senior management level cross functional meetings
• Manages complex processes across therapeutic areas and across functions with vendors
• Drives for consistency, process harmonization, and innovation across vendors
• Serves as escalation point for timely vendor issue resolution and risk mitigation plans
• Provides clear concise verbal or written reports of vendor performance or action plans
• Responsible for cascading functional or portfolio level decisions broadly
• Examines complex functional issues, problem solves and drives for global best practices
• Supports departmental and/or organizational strategy development
• Provides input in the selection process of strategic or emerging vendors
• Delivers functional training to internal and external business partners
• Leads or supports departmental initiatives and change management activities
• Interacts effectively with all levels at Gilead and externally vendor senior leadership
• May oversee, or act as participant in department internal compliance activities for critical business objectives and processes related to Sarbanes Oxley Act reporting requirements including periodic clinical trials budget accruals and estimates and activities related to the procedure to pay for clinical activities
• Demonstrates a broad knowledge of clinical research across functions
• Demonstrates cultural awareness and flexibility to work with global teams
• Performs responsibilities with limited supervision and direction
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
• Requires prior experience in personnel management
• Travel may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
8+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline.
6+ years of experience with a MS in a relevant discipline.
Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation and/or clinical finance
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.