NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private, maturing biotech start-up dedicated to discovering the next generation medicines to treat grave diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates, and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science will provide the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. In 2015, we established a broad collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious research and development goals. This partnership is a strong validation for NGM as a biologics discovery engine that will generate transformational medicines for unmet medical needs.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our process development team. The major responsibility of this position is upstream process development for mammalian expression system for tox and clinical supply production. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for technology transfer and CMO oversight on upstream related tasks. Successful candidates will be independent, multitasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
• Experience with small scale mammalian cell culture bioreactor process development.
• Experience with recombinant fusion protein or antibody development and manufacturing.
• Experience with GMP production and batch record review
• Experience with technology transfer
• Knowledge of harvest, clarification and recovery process operations is a must.
• Knowledge of microbial expression system is a plus.
• Practical experience with bioreactor applications and equipment for all typical upstream unit operations used in bio-manufacturing is a must
• Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document process development data.
• Ph.D. in life sciences with more than 3 years’ relevant industry experience or BS/MS in life sciences with more than 6 years’ relevant industry experience
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.