Manager/ Sr. Manager, Operations Strategy
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Manager/ Sr. Manager, Operations Strategy in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
The Manager/ Senior Manager, Operations Strategy will have responsibility for managing cross-functional projects related to strategic decision making across the Operations organization. The Manager/ Sr. Manager will support the Director, Operations Strategy with analytical modeling, project execution on major strategy initiatives, executive communications and industry research.
• Execute strategy projects by driving cross-functional consensus
• Develop and present sound recommendations supported by analytical rigor and stakeholder insights
• Prepare strategy communications utilizing a clear understanding of business drivers and challenges with primary focus on long term drug substance, drug product, analytical and contingency planning strategies
• Advance and maintain consistent, relevant content for use in executive communications
• Execute long term capacity planning for Biologics network
• Enable prioritization and selection of contract manufacturing network
• Lead and enhance cost of goods analytics for platform and non-platform technologies
• Support annual business reviews across the business unit
• Develop financial business cases for prioritized and high visibility projects
• Prepare industry relevant leadership content for external conferences / councils
• Address ad hoc local and global business-related requests
• Represent Global Biologics Operations at interfaces with other groups within AZ
• Demonstrate knowledge of drug substance and drug product manufacturing, analytical testing, end to end biologics supply chain management and cost of goods assessments
• Proven capability for problem solving and critical thinking that results in business value
• Demonstrated stakeholder management capability and ability to effectively collaborate across the organization; interact within and across the matrix to manage deliverables
• Ability to influence, build consensus, and manage conflict in challenging situations
• Routinely manage confidential information appropriately
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities and experience with tools and large, complex data sets
• Understand operational, marketing and finance aspects of biopharma industry
• Self-starter, proven team player and high energy
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Life Sciences required
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or MBA preferred
• 6-10 years of work experience in a Development/ Manufacturing/ Supply Chain role
• Business analysis experience required
• Strategy / Operations Consulting or Pharmaceutical operations experience preferred
• Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Industry experience preferred
• Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.