Location:West Chester, United StatesJob reference:
Nov. 21, 2016
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Manager, Procurement in West Chester, OH, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
As the Manager, Procurement you will provide leadership to the Procurement Team and coordinates activities across other departments. You will be a key contributor to site-wide strategy and executes cross-functional initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Liaison to the site’s SLT to prioritize site projects portfolio and will be accountable for delivery of local projects
- Work with site SLT’s to agree on resources required to manage projects
- Read SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and excerpts from technical documentation.
- Complete required training.
- Ensure proper documentation practices during job activities.
- Answer compliance and process questions from others.
- Gather, organize, and communicate operational information to others.
- Use SAP to track inventory and materials.
- Schedule production activities.
- Communicate priorities and progress to team on a continuing basis.
- Ensure that employees have the tools needed to perform their jobs.
- Facilitate communication between management and non-management.
- Provide leadership, development, and mentoring for others.
- Supervise day to day activities of others.
- Coordinate activities of support groups.
- Identify temporary and permanent fixes to address issues.
- Monitor records to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Author, review, and revise documentation needed for cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) manufacturing of commercial product.
- Attend inter-departmental meetings to discuss matters involving the coordination of multiple departments.
- Coordinate with representatives from other departments.
- Manage the performance of others, including performance/merit reviews, professional development, and disciplinary action.
- Review and approve OCMs, change controls, and document revisions.
- Approve new and updated SOPs.
- Attend team meetings to discuss progress, initiatives, and/or other matters.
- Read, understand, and comply with cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), including general safety, lock outs, etc.
- Assign work tasks and activities to others.
- Lead committees or groups of employees tasked with accomplishing some objective(s).
- Identify and resolve complex supply chain issues.
- Manage team's priorities, goals, and resource allocation.
- Prepare documentation of activities, actions, and/or results.
- Communicate policies and procedures to employees.
- Establish visual tracking and other tools to enhance Audit readiness and trend analysis.
- Fill in for immediate supervisor when absent.
- Lead process improvement activities and teams to meet strategic goals.
- Facilitate team meetings to discuss progress, initiatives, and/or other matters.
- Guide others on SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), control documents, and/or other work instructions.
- Investigate deviations.
- Manage schedules, attendance, vacation time, and staffing coverage for the team.
- Analyze trends in data in order to provide accurate descriptions, identify root causes, and/or identify solutions or improvements.
- Close out deviations, CAPAs, and/or pAFCAs as needed.
- Develop lean processes and procedures.
- Initiate appropriate action when process deviations occur.
- Interact with regulatory agency personnel during audits and inspections.
- Monitor key performance indicators to meet strategic goals.
- Monitor training of employees to ensure compliance.
- Write, review, and revise SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and/or work instructions for cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) manufacturing of commercial product.
- Lead and make final decisions regarding hiring (for example: conduct interviews, evaluate candidates).
- Facilitate inter-departmental meetings to discuss matters involving the coordination of multiple departments.
- Develop and track department budget.
- Interact with other departments to implement corrective/preventative actions.
- Maintain job descriptions for accuracy for the team.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to meet strategic goals.
- Collect, record, and report metrics.
- Report process deviations when they occur.
- Wear gowning, sterile garments, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required by specific activities.
- Assess and implement improvements in productivity, waste generation, quality and cost.
- Conduct safety checks for work group, department, or site.
- Conduct presentations (other than training) for different audiences.
- Develop and communicate a vision for the function in alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Generate, consolidate, and submit budgets, projections, and strategic plans for the site.
- Identify and develop criteria to monitor performance of a function or department.
- Identify cost drivers and opportunities to reduce costs for site transactions.
- Investigate financial justification for proposed projects.
- Lead change control activities.
- Lead quality control integration projects.
- Measure and report on supply chain KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Oversee departmental safety inspections.
- Perform purchase card transactions.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for others.
- Provide feedback on service and quality issues on a timely basis.
- Provide volume, capacity, and cost for business plans.
- Represent the site in organization-wide projects and meetings.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience leading others in a regulated or cGMP environment.
Next Steps – Apply today!
- 5 years of experience leading others in supply chain and prior and project management experience.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.