Location:Washington, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 23, 2016
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Manager, Oncology Diagnostics in Washington, DC region (Field based), you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will identify and develop relationships with, scientific experts: Laboratory decision makers, Pathologists, Oncologists, and Molecular Pathologists. You will share appropriate, approved, educational information on diagnostics to the heads of clinical Laboratories and their staff. You will deliver highly technical data presentations. You will need to educate on the need for diagnostic quality assurance (QA) programs. You will identify barriers to testing through partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, and Health Care Professionals (HCPs). Develop strategies to support and educate on appropriate testing. You will adhere to the AZ Code of Conduct, The US Policy Handbook, Standards, and SOPs as well as comply with all regulatory and compliance requirements for your role. You will be working with brand teams in coordination with the Diagnostic Director as well as the Sales organization and Medical Affairs Team Members. You will be working with the external diagnostic customers such as laboratory experts, health care professionals, diagnostic partners and professional associations and societies.
* Undergraduate degree
* Five or more years of experience in diagnostic market and clinical testing market; preferably Oncology experience
* Expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
* Project management experience
* Ability to travel (percentage varies with geography)
* preferably an Advanced degree in life sciences, medical or pharmacy degree
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven experience with a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skill
* Thorough knowledge of diagnostic test regulatory environment
* Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
* Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership
Ability to travel with geographic territory (percentage varies with geography)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law