Department: Inventory Control
Reports To: VP, Operations and Facilities
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for managing the activities of the purchasing and inventory control departments and purchase supplies and materials at the optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining lowest possible inventory levels. The manager is responsible for ensuring compliance to ISO 13485, cGMP’s, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements and PrimaPharm’s policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures work environment meets PrimaPharm’s and Industry standards
• Manages the daily, weekly and monthly inventory and purchasing goals and oversees subordinate activities relating to inventory control and purchasing, specifically:
o Develop a current inventory count and valuation.
o Implement inventory control management processes including tracking by
location and usage in product.
o Reflect inventory movement from quarantine to approved raw materials,
Work in Progress (WIP), and finished goods in QuickBooks Accounting
o Develop employee time tracking procedures to identify direct labor hours and
cost by product and manufacturing overhead labor.
o Reflect direct and indirect labor costs in QuickBooks Accounting Software.
o Develop Materials Resource Planning and other tools to assist in improving
purchasing and inventory management.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws
• Ensures compliance to current SOP’s for inventory control and purchasing
• Provides oversight to ensure adequate resources and priorities
• Compiles and maintains all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts and adjustments issues inventory reports in a timely manner
• Interfaces with other departments, peer group, and management to resolve discrepancies
• Oversees, participates in and approves the interviewing, hiring and training of departmental employees, and develop and maintain cGMP training requirements for staff
• Manages departmental spending against approved budgets
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment and follows all safety policies and procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Inventory Control and Purchasing Schedule meeting production requirements, Audits and Departmental Compliance, Project Completion
Routine Performance Appraisals conducted and feedback provided by VP, Operations and Facilities.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over two or more employees in the Inventory Control and Purchasing departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in related field from a college or university, and a minimum of four to six years related experience in inventory control, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient of common calendaring, database, spreadsheet and word processing software. The organization uses Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail and extremely organized.
• Ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, vendors and other staff members.
• Managing multiple projects and personnel
• Developing and implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.