Zymeworks Inc. is a Canadian computational biotechnology company that is developing next-generation antibody based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases by utilizing predictive computational technologies.
Zymeworks is seeking an exceptionally talented individual to join our Business Development group. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to showcase their talent, and demonstrate the dedication and drive to grow within our progressive and developing company. Reporting to the Director of External R&D and Alliances, the successful candidate should have a strong interest in the field of therapeutics development, preferably in biologics. In this position, you will be asked to identify, develop, and participate in finalizing collaborative and licensing opportunities for Zymeworks’ platforms and therapeutic candidates and to help manage the subsequent alliances. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, can anticipate problems and come up with practical solutions, wants to keep learning and most importantly, is willing to take their skills to the next level. If this looks like the kind of challenge you’re looking for, then Zymeworks is the place for you.
• Identify, develop and participate in finalizing new business opportunities
• Evaluate partnering opportunities in conjunction with other functional groups
• Maintain collaborative relationships with partners
• Provide market and competitive intelligence analyses
• Negotiate contracts and licenses and liaise with CRO’s and other collaborators in support of R&D activities
• Ph.D. in biological sciences (e.g. Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology or Molecular Biology) or a related discipline
• 2-5 years of directly applicable business experience (Business Development, Corporate Development, Alliance Management or a related field) with a proven track record in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
• Ability to utilize and integrate both scientific data and corporate information into strategically relevant business inputs
• Experience performing financial projections and sales forecasts
• Thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process from lead identification through regulatory approval
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written English) with the experience presenting at scientific conferences (presentations and posters)
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while managing multiple concurrent deliverables
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com
Compensation is on par with industry standards and commensurate with experience and includes a leading extended benefits plan.If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter including available start date in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1283: Manager, BD in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.