Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
-Responsible for the life cycle management of clinical outsourcing, RFI through contract closeout
-Provides input to the vendor selection process in conjunction with business partners
-Prepares, presents, leads meetings
-Prepares detailed budget analysis of clinical vendors
-Leads budget and contract negotiations, in collaboration with clinical operations, legal and business conduct
-Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skill
-Demonstrates a broad knowledge of Clinical Operations across functions
Essential Duties and Job Functions
-This role will manage and complete complex to non-routine clinical supplier contracts.
- Manages an operational function, which may include supervising other staff who contribute to outsourcing and contract production.
- Will focus on outsourcing and contracts, and the financial management of contracts throughout the life cycle of the study. -May manage CCF staff grade 28 and below.
-May participate in establishing departmental and cross-functional policies and procedures.
-Manages contract activities for multiple clinical development programs, ensuring there are adequate staff with the skills to complete site and CRO contracts accurately, consistently and in a timely manner.
-Assists other CCF staff in resolving moderately complex issues relating to contract negotiation or management.
-Trains CCF staff in contract budgeting, development, and administration, as applicable.
- Manages vendor relationships in conjunction with the Vendor Management and Clinical Operations.
- Works with internal customers in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis)
- Assists with vendor presentation preparation and may manage Vendor bid defense meetings.
- With the support of internal customers and the Legal department, manages the contract negotiation process, especially in more complex, or high value contracts
- Leads contract life cycle management process, related to various clinical vendor agreements.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- This role demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of clinical research functions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development.
- This role must be able to interact on high level with the clinical teams, clinical finance and external partners to provide oversight of clinical budgets.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the global regulatory implications of contracts as related to clinical research.
- Completes tasks and projects under minimal to no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to managing competing priorities effectively and proficiently
- Demonstrates the skills of a Senior Clinical Contracts and Finance Associate
-Travel may be required
-8+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline.
-6+ years of experience with a MS/MBA in a relevant discipline.
-Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation and/or clinical finance
-Relevant experience typically includes biometrics operations, clinical operations, clinical outsourcing, contract negotiation and/or clinical finance.
-CRO experience is a strong plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.